Specialist support when you need it most
Losing someone dear to you can be one of the hardest things you’ll ever experience in life, but it isn’t something that you have to go through alone.
“When I felt I couldn’t cope with such loss, Birmingham St Mary’s were still there for me. I was offered bereavement counselling sessions and even now, I can pick up the phone and speak to someone if I need to.” – Vicky
Our specialist bereavement service provides free one-to-one counselling support to those who are struggling with the loss of a loved one.
It’s open to family and friends of both people who were previously cared for by the Hospice and those who weren’t. Support can be accessed by anybody who has been bereaved no matter how the person died or how long ago this loss was.
How bereavement counselling can help you
If you’re finding it difficult to cope with the loss of a loved one, our bereavement service can:
- Offer a safe and supportive place to explore and express feelings of grief
- Help you to adjust to a new kind of normal
- Help you make some sense of the bereavement
- Help you to work through difficult and heavy feelings
- Give you space to reflect on the past, present and future without your loved one
- Allow you to explore and find helpful coping strategies
How to access this support
To discuss the support available, please contact the team on 0121 752 8748
Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org(providing us with your name and a contact number so we can get back in touch with you).
Referrals into the service
If you’re a professional and you have a client you feel would benefit from this service, please submit a referral using the online form below.
- For advice on how to cope with grief, please read our ‘Your Life After Loss’ booklet.
- To help raise awareness of our services around your organisation, please download our Bereavement Services poster.
- To find a range of counselling and other support services (local and nationawide), please download our list of Bereavement Support Services.
Experiencing all of the emotions involved with losing someone very close to them, can be a very confusing time for a child. Our Children’s Services Team offers free confidential, emotional support to children and young people when a loved one is living with a life-limiting illness or they have sadly died. This includes one-to-one support as well as group sessions. To find out more about this service and how to access it, please visit our Children’s Services page.
If you have any questions at all or would like to find out more about any of our bereavement support services, please contact our Family and Carer Support Team on 0121 752 8748.