At Birmingham St Mary’s Hospice, we have a dedicated therapy team who will identify the best solution to any issues you have and will help you to live life to the full.
We will address your individual needs through:
- Physiotherapy – Supporting you to reach your rehabilitation goals
- Occupational Therapy – Helping you become as independent as possible in activities which enhance your health and well-being
- Complementary Therapies – Used alongside conventional care, supporting your psychological well-being
Here are some helpful resources:
- Relaxation – a guide for patients and carers on relaxation, a valuable tool in combatting the stress response, or ‘fight or flight’
- Sleep Hygiene – a variety of different practices and habits that improve night-time sleep quality and full daytime alertness
- Exercise – a guide for patients on how to exercise and the benefits that can be gained
- Hand Massage – a leaflet outlining the benefits of hand massage alongside a step-by-step guide
- Heat Therapy – a guide about how this can be effective in easing pain and spasm/ tension in soft tissues, especially muscles
- Ice Therapy – a guide about how this can be effective in reducing swelling and pain in soft tissues, joints and muscles
To find out more about the individual types of therapy we provide, click on any of the boxes below…
With our physiotherapists, you can explore your goals and wishes, through advice and treatment options to better manage your symptoms.
Our occupational therapists help you remain independent for as long as possible, so that you can keep on doing the things that matter most to you.
The complementary therapies we provide support your psychological well-being; providing an opportunity to relax and a little bit of ‘me’ time.