Supporting each other through death, dying, caring and bereavement

Supported by BVSC and the Selly Oak Neighbourhood Network, we invite you to come together as communities, neighbours, colleagues and friends, to create a supportive network that helps us all learn, and grows our capacity to care for each other in death, dying, caring and bereavement.

Compassionate Communities are built on what is known as the 95% rule.

This acknowledges that a dying person spends about 5% of their time in the last year of life, face to face with medical professionals, and the remaining 95% of their time with friends, family, the community, online or alone.

Compassionate Communities are about building and supporting the quality of this time.

Join the conversation

If you’re interested in finding out more about Compassionate Communities and how you can get involved, register your interest today to join one of our virtual introductory events (via Zoom):

Monday 17th May 2021 – 12 pm to 1 pm

Wednesday 26th May 2021 – 12 pm to 1 pm

Subscribe

Receive updates and latest news direct from our team. Simply enter your email below :

Copy link
Powered by Social Snap