Reports To: Support at Home Co-Ordinators
Location: Birmingham St Mary’s Hospice
Department Manager: Head of Family and Carer Support Team (FaCST)
Making a Difference: To provide regular telephone support to patients who are referred into the Support at Home service.
The support provided by a Support at Home Telephone Befriending Volunteer will mean a great deal to patients who just want someone to talk to. As a volunteer you will make a huge difference to the individuals you support.
Key Duties – You will…
- Support socially isolated patients by providing regular telephone contact
- Contact services and organisations for information and advice where appropriate.
- Keep Support at Home Co-Ordinators updated after each telephone contact
- Ensure any issues or concerns are communicated to the Support at Home Co-Ordinators
Will the role suit me? YES, if you are…
- Someone with good listening and communication skills.
- Able to understand the effects of a patient’s illness and how it impacts on them and their families/carers.
- Able to work in a positive and professional manner
What can Birmingham St Mary’s Hospice offer me as a volunteer?
- Membership of a friendly, professional, multi-disciplinary team.
- Full training and ongoing development within the volunteer role.
- A chance to use your skills and experience to support others in need.
You can download the role description, person specification, enrolment form and equalities monitoring form, by clicking on the links below:
Please return completed forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact:
Support at Home Service Co-Ordinators
07966 185800 or 07966 165394