Role: Volunteer Driver, Living Well Centre, Erdington or Selly Park
Reports to: Day Service Lead
Role Days/Hours: Up to 1.5 hours in the morning and afternoon once a week. Opportunities are available Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Location: Birmingham Hospice Erdington or Selly Park, and out in the community
How you can make a difference: By volunteering to transport our patients to and from the hospice you could help us to continue, and improve the service we provide to patients with a terminal illness.
Why Birmingham Hospice needs you
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers who could spend up to an hour and a half in the morning and the same in the afternoon picking up patients and taking them back home again, one day a week. The Living Well Centre runs sessions three times a week – Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and hosts a specialist clinic on Wednesday.
Attending the Living Well Centre plays a big part in enhancing the wellbeing for our patients and our volunteer drivers are vital in ensuring we can reach the wider community across Birmingham.
Skills and Experience Required:
- You should be medically fit to drive.
- You should be enthusiastic, friendly, and polite.
- You should be reliable, flexible and accepting of change.
- You should be a confident driver and have a clean driving licence. Access to your own car is preferable but not essential.
- You will need to have integrity and empathy for others and must be sensitive to the needs of our patients and respectful of the confidential nature of this role.
All necessary mandatory training will be provided.