Role: Events Volunteer
Responsible to: Events Manager
Location: Various locations across Birmingham and Sandwell
Hours/Days: As and when there is an event
Making a Difference
Birmingham Hospice Event Volunteers enjoy meeting people, care about their local community, and want to have fun at the same time. As a volunteer, you will play a vital part in assisting the Events Team in making sure that hospice fundraising events run smoothly on the day, ensuring that participants have a fantastic experience. You will also experience and play a valuable role in generating vital funds for the hospice through helping with raffles, games and bucket collections.
There are a number of different aspects of the event that you can get involved in (depending on the event). You will…
- Play a vital role in supporting your local hospice
- Assist in the setting up and break down of events
- Assist with and enforce car parking arrangements
- Put up signage, balloons, banners and other hospice promotional materials
- Register participants and welcome them to the event
- Carry out bucket collections
- Collect and count money received from participants
- Act as a marshal and escort for event participants
- Assist in serving drinks and refreshments
- Sell raffle tickets, hospice merchandise, etc.
- Set up and man a stall (including pricing goods)
- Provide participants with certificates, goody bags and evaluation forms
- Facilitate an activity (e.g., operating a game).