Here we have our leaflets that contain information regarding a number of different topics for both patients and their families as well as healthcare professionals.
For patients and families
- Patient Information Booklet – This booklet helps introduce you to Birmingham St Mary’s
Hospice and describe the ways in which we can work with you to help you and your family.
- How we use your information
- Advance care planning – Being diagnosed with a life-limiting illness, growing older or approaching the end of your life may make you think about what your wishes would be as you become more unwell. Writing down your preferences can help to ensure the care you receive is tailored to these wishes.
- Discharge from Community Services – Information about why you may be discharged and where you can access additional support
- Compliments and Complaints – We’re committed to delivering a high standard of service to everyone. Your views can help us to reach this commitment and ensure continuing
improvements to our service.
- Anticipatory medicines
- Opioid therapy – There are many different strengths of painkiller suitable for different types of pain, this leaflet helps to explain them
- Use of medicines beyond license
- Driving while on medication
- Hospice at Home – Information about our Hospice at Home service
- Bed rails – When they might be used and why
- Cancer that has spread to the bone
- External warning signs of metastatic spinal cord compression
- What is delirium? – A guide for patients and visitors
- Postural hypotension – a drop in the blood pressure that occurs when changing position from lying to sitting or sitting or bending or crouching to standing
- Tissue donation
- Pressure ulcer prevention