Supporting Pupils Through Grief – Teachers Webinar
COVID19 is and will have far reaching consequences for the children under your care. We are sure you are aware that this will impact on their emotional well-being and as a result affect other areas of their lives such as, their education and friendships.
Here at St Mary’s Hospice we recognise that professionals may feel ill-equipped to effectively deal with the influx of bereaved pupils, whether on a practical or emotional level
Between them, our speakers Sam Kelly and Sally Roberts have a wide knowledge, understanding and years of experience working with bereaved children/families and are now venturing outside of the hospice to offer support to the wider community (currently in the format of this Webinar during COVID19)
Event Date: Wednesday 17 June 2020
Event Time: 16:00 – 17:00
How will this webinar support you?
- We can guide you through how best to communicate with a recently bereaved child/young person (whether that’s COVID19 related or by other circumstances)
- We will talk about strategies you can put in to place, as a school, to make the child’s journey that little bit easier from the initial days of return and beyond
- If required, we can support you in developing a School Bereavement Policy (We do recommend this as not only does it provide consistency for a bereaved child, it also supports staff to work collaboratively)
- We will share our knowledge with you about how a child may react to a loss depending on their age and understanding
- We can share some different theories of grief to further support your knowledge of how children deal with a loss
- We will discuss what kinds of things can impact on a child’s grief, for example, what kind of relationship did they have with their loved one?
- And finally, this will also be a valuable opportunity to talk to other practitioners about what’s worked for you in the past (or indeed what hasn’t) when dealing with a bereaved child or young person
Remember: We know how intense it can be to work with grief it’s important to bear in mind that a bereaved child doesn’t always need an ‘expert’ they DO need people around them who care and are prepared to support them on their journey and you are part of that journey.
To book onto this webinar please click the button below and register your details. Once registered you will receive an email on how to access the webinar through MS Teams.