Important Update: All face to face education is currently suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic but we are delivering a variety of End of Life / Palliative care educational webinar topics including:
- Identifying a dying patient
- Medication and symptom management
- Advance Communication Planning (ACP & ReSpect)
We are also able to offer bespoke webinars.
Bookings from August 31st 2020 for all Face to Face programmes remain open and available to be booked via the website.
If you are interested in participating in a webinar or accessing education material please email email@example.com.
Learn more about Advance Care Planning and its challenges
Join us for a 3-hour specialist training course, discussing the importance of Advance Care Planning (ACP) and the Recommended Summary Plan for Emergency Care and Treatment (ReSPECT)
Topics covered on the day include:
- Legal Capacity and Advance Care Planning
- When Advance Care Planning should be discussed
- Who should initiate and lead this conversation
- How to initiate and conduct ACP discussions
- How to create an individualised plan for the future
Who should attend?
Doctors, nurses and other health care professionals involved in Advance Care Planning
Cost: £45 per person
Facilitated by: Palliative Care Specialists
Light refreshments included.
Birmingham St Mary’s Hospice Educational Study Programme - T&Cs and further information
- For further information about our Study Days and dates of courses please telephone the Education Administrator on 0121 472 1191 ext 465.
Confirmation of Booking
- Your course reservation will only be confirmed by letter or e-mail after we have received your application form and confirmation of payment. Joining instructions will be sent out approximately two weeks in advance of the course date.
- If you are self-funding, our standard charge is £75.00 for a Full Day Study Session per person inclusive of VAT.
- Cheques should be made payable to St Mary’s Hospice (Trading) Limited and sent to the address overleaf. Please telephone for information regarding discounts for multiple bookings.
- If you wish to be invoiced please advise us on company letter headed paper. Reservations will only be accepted on receipt of payment.
The following cancellation charges apply:
- 29 + days = 40% of the course fee
- 15-28 days = 50% of the course fee
- 1-14 days = 100% of the course fee
- No Show = 100% of the course fee