Closing date: 1 November 2023
Interview date: 16 November 2023
Hours: 20 hours per week
Salary: Clinical Band 3, £22,816 – £24,335 per year (Actual salary for 20 hours per week £12,168 – £12,979 per year)
Therapy Support Worker – Band 3
Join our team
Closing date: 1 November 2023
Our Specialist Therapists ensure care and support is provided using a collaborative and holistic approach for each individual patient and their family or carers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a caring, compassionate and committed professional to join our Therapies Team as a Band 3 Therapy Support Worker.
In this role you will support the physiotherapy and occupational therapy team in the planning and delivery of a range of holistic interventions and self-management programmes to support the rehabilitative approach of care to patients with a palliative diagnosis.
You will assist with evaluating progress against set outcome measures and collaborative patient goals and monitor patient progress escalating to therapists if there are any changes observed of concerns regarding safety and wellbeing.
The successful candidate will receive day-to-day managerial and professional support from a team of experienced Palliative Care Therapists.
For further information, or an informal discussion, please contact Louise Tipson; email@example.com.
You will have a competency in English and Maths (up to GCSE level or equivalent) and will hold a Care Certificate/NVQ Level 2 (or higher) in Health and Social Care, or equivalent.
Ideally you will have gained experience working in a relevant healthcare setting, and have a general understanding of the roles of Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Nursing Services.
You will be well organised, have excellent interpersonal skills and be an effective communicator, and be able to carry out moderate to intense physical effort throughout the working day.
You can download the Job Description/Person Specification, an application form and equal opportunities monitoring form by clicking on the links below. Please return completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that candidates must complete and return an application form; we are unable to accept CV applications.
We offer a fantastic opportunity to develop experience in a specialist palliative and end of life care setting. You will be trained and supported by experienced palliative care professionals. Once established you may have the opportunity to work with our partner hospices.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free tea, coffee and toast.
- We’re happy to talk about flexible working, including those with caring responsibilities – while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution.
- Birmingham Hospice is committed to colleague development as an ongoing professional requirement and consider this a priority.
- For individuals joining the charity from the NHS or another hospice, the employee’s continuous previous service with any NHS employer is recognised in respect of pension provision and annual leave.
- A supportive work environment, with a focus on your mental health and wellbeing.
- Free emotional, health and financial support.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do as we continue in our mission to enable more people from all communities to access the care of their choice at the end of life.