Closing date: 30 November 2023
Interview date: 7 December 2023
Location: Selly Park & Erdington
Hours: 30 hours per week
Duration: Fixed-term for up to 12 months
Salary: Clinical Band 5, £28,407 – £34,580 per year (Actual salary based on 30 hours per week, £22,725 – £27,664 per year)
Band 5 – Social and Personal Health Budget Staff Nurse (Maternity Cover)
Join our team
Closing date: 30 November 2023
Birmingham Hospice is the leading provider of adult palliative care in the region. We care for people in their own homes, in the community, at our Living Well Centres and in our Inpatient Units. We have two sites, one in Erdington and one in Selly Park.
If you are innovative, motivated, patient centred, enthusiastic and keen to work in a welcoming environment where you can enjoy variety in your working life and help make a difference every single day, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking to recruit a compassionate Social and Personal Health Budget (PHB) Staff Nurse, to provide exceptional maternity cover within our Social and PHB Team.
The post will predominately be based at our Selly Park site, with one day per week at our Erdington site.
Our Social and PHB Staff Nurses identify the social and nursing care needs of our patients, families, and carers. They ensure measures are in place to improve patients’ experiences and limit distress to facilitate patients’ preferred place of care and preferred place of death.
The role involves providing advice and support as part of a multidisciplinary team, demonstrating clinical knowledge of the principles and practices of palliative care.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Jan Hipkiss, firstname.lastname@example.org
If this sounds like the role for you, then we’d love to hear from you.
- You will be a UK registered Level 1 Adult Nurse, with current NMC registration.
- You will have proven experience of working in an acute hospital or hospice, with relevant post registration palliative experience at NHS Band 5 or equivalent.
- You have an understanding of Continuing Health Care (CHC) criteria pathways and social care provisions and the provision of a PHB.
- You will have a full UK driving licence, with access to your own vehicle.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free tea, coffee and toast.
- We’re happy to talk about flexible working, including those with caring responsibilities – while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution.
- Birmingham Hospice is committed to colleague development as an ongoing professional requirement and consider this a priority.
- For individuals joining the charity from the NHS or another hospice, the employee’s continuous previous service with any NHS employer is recognised in respect of pension provision and annual leave.
- A supportive work environment, with a focus on your mental health and wellbeing.
- Free emotional, health and financial support.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do as we continue in our mission to enable more people from all communities to access the care of their choice at the end of life.