Closing date: 3 December 2023
Interview date: To be confirmed
Location: Selly Park and Erdington
Salary: Clinical Band 7, £43,742 – £50,056 per year, pro rata for part-time.
Specialist Clinical Pharmacist
Join our team
Closing date: 3 December 2023
The hospice’s Pharmacy Team works across our Erdington and Selly Park sites, and in the community, to ensure our patients are getting the right medication for their needs. We are pleased to offer this exciting opportunity to join our established palliative care pharmacy, delivering specialist clinical pharmacy services to our patients.
We are looking for a patient-focused pharmacist to work as part of the Clinical Pharmacy team, supporting the delivery of care to patients, primarily on the inpatient units but with the potential opportunity to work with patients in the Living Well Centre and community settings. You will be expected to provide specialist clinical pharmacy support for patients under our care, and to work with and give advice to other healthcare professionals. You will participate in the development and support the delivery of a safe and effective medicines management and education service at both our Selly Park and Erdington sites.
If you want the opportunity to make a difference to patients with a life limiting illness and would like to work in an innovative and supportive team, we would love to hear from you. We offer a fantastic opportunity to develop experience in a specialist palliative and end of life care setting. You will be trained by experienced palliative care professionals including pharmacists, and your role is supported by experienced technicians. As a member of the hospice team your wellbeing is important to us and you will have access to a range of support including regular clinical supervision and peer support.
There will be no requirement to work weekends, evenings, Bank Holidays or provide an out of hours on-call service. Flexibility in hours will be considered to suit the right candidate.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to receive your application.
For an informal chat about this role, please contact Jo Bartlett on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will have a relevant degree in Pharmacy
- You have UK registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- You will be a pharmacist with a strong clinical background, who has an interest in palliative care
- You will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work flexibly as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide high quality care
- You will possess a thorough knowledge of controlled drug and medicines legislation.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free tea, coffee and toast.
- We’re happy to talk about flexible working, including those with caring responsibilities – while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution.
- Birmingham Hospice is committed to colleague development as an ongoing professional requirement and consider this a priority.
- For individuals joining the charity from the NHS or another hospice, the employee’s continuous previous service with any NHS employer is recognised in respect of pension provision and annual leave.
- A supportive work environment, with a focus on your mental health and wellbeing.
- Free emotional, health and financial support.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do as we continue in our mission to enable more people from all communities to access the care of their choice at the end of life.