Closing date: 3 December 2023
Interview date: Week Commencing 11 December 2023
Location: Heeley Road Retail Office (Selly Park)
Hours: 30 hours per week
Duration: Fixed term for up to 6 months initially
(with the possibility of a further extension up to 12 months)
Start Date: Anticipated start date will be February 2024
Salary: Retail Band 3, £22,085 – £24,471 per year (Actual salary based on 30 hours per week, £17,668 – £19,577 per year)
Retail Administration Co-ordinator (Maternity Cover)
Join our team
Closing date: 3 December 2023
Our charity shops raise vital funds for Birmingham Hospice. The generosity of donors and shoppers plays a crucial role in supporting our community, enabling more people living with a terminal diagnosis to receive the specialist end of life care they need.
Our busy Retail Team is looking for a skilled administrator to provide maternity cover as Retail Administration Co-Ordinator. In this exciting and challenging role, you will support the smooth running of retail operations, helping to ensure that our shops continue to be a successful, growing source of much-needed income generation.
In this varied role, you will work closely with the Retail Leadership Team to ensure that the retail operations keep within the budget. You will be the central point of contact and coordination for our growing portfolio of shops in all the areas we serve. You will be required to support the leadership team with ad hoc projects and assist with the administration of rotas, holidays and payroll for staff, and support the recruitment and retention of our volunteers.
This is a part-time role (30 hours per week) and is mainly based at the Retail Office near Selly Park, but there can be some flexibility when the successful candidate has settled into the role. Working days will be 4 days, to be arranged between Monday and Friday with some potential weekend work. Allocated via a monthly rota, although you should be flexible.
If this sounds like the role for you, then we’d love to receive your application!
For an informal chat about the role, please contact, Jonathan Varley, our Head of Retail; Jonathan.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will have exceptional administration skills and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and IT systems, databases and spreadsheets, and have experience of online marketplaces, EPOS and CRM systems.
- You will have GCSE Maths and English qualifications, or equivalent.
- You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to easily build rapport and nurture positive working relationship.
- Excellent customer service skills is a must.
- You will have experience working in a target-driven retail environment.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free tea, coffee and toast.
- We’re happy to talk about flexible working, including those with caring responsibilities – while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution.
- Birmingham Hospice is committed to colleague development as an ongoing professional requirement and consider this a priority.
- For individuals joining the charity from the NHS or another hospice, the employee’s continuous previous service with any NHS employer is recognised in respect of pension provision and annual leave.
- A supportive work environment, with a focus on your mental health and wellbeing.
- Free emotional, health and financial support.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do as we continue in our mission to enable more people from all communities to access the care of their choice at the end of life.