Closing date: 22 October 2023
Interview date: To be confirmed
Location: Castle Bromwich, Erdington and Wylde Green
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Salary: Retail Band 2, £21,517 per year (Actual Salary for 22.5 hours per week, £12,910 per year)
Relief Assistant Shop Manager (RASM) – Castle Bromwich, Erdington and Wylde Green
Join our team
Closing date: 22 October 2023
Birmingham Hospice is the leading provider of adult palliative care in the region. Our charity shops raise vital funds for the hospice, and the generosity of donors and shoppers plays a crucial role in supporting the community, helping us to provide care for local people living with a terminal diagnosis and for their families.
Are you a highly motivated and organised individual looking for a new challenge? Do you want to work for a local charity and help make a difference by raising income to help fund care for our patients and families?
We are looking for a Relief Assistant Shop Manager (RASM) to join our Retail Team to provide assistance and cover to our Castle Bromwich, Wylde Green and Erdington shops.
As a RASM you will be assisting the shop manager to run the shop and covering their days off and holidays.
Specifically, you will:
- Own the daily operations in the absence of the Shop Manager
- Achieve income targets by maximising sales and donations
- Provide the highest level of customer service to donors and customers
- Lead by example and support to be able to accept, sort, price, steam and display goods for sale to maximise income within agreed guidelines
- To effectively lead the shop volunteers, respectfully supporting their usual tasks and commitments to meet the shops’ KPI requirements
- Understand and lead by example to develop a positive team spirit and actively promote the work of the hospice
- Use social media to promote the shop.
For further information or an informal chat, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must have a good standard of education.
- No retail experience is required as we can train you; we just require the drive and determination to do a good job.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free tea, coffee and toast.
- We’re happy to talk about flexible working, including those with caring responsibilities – while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution.
- Birmingham Hospice is committed to colleague development as an ongoing professional requirement and consider this a priority.
- For individuals joining the charity from the NHS or another hospice, the employee’s continuous previous service with any NHS employer is recognised in respect of pension provision and annual leave.
- A supportive work environment, with a focus on your mental health and wellbeing.
- Free emotional, health and financial support.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do as we continue in our mission to enable more people from all communities to access the care of their choice at the end of life.