Relief Assistant Shop Manager (RASM) – Balsall Common
Closing date: 3 September 2023
Interview date: TBC
Primary Location: Balsall Common
Hours: 22.5hours per week (0.6 FTE)
Salary: HCP Retail Band 2, £20,374 – £20,492 full time equivalent, dependant upon experience (Exact Salary for 22.5 hours £12,225 – £12,296 per year)
“Happy to talk flexible working”
Birmingham Hospice is looking for a RASM (Relief Assistant Shop Manager) to join its Retail Team.
Are you a highly motivated and organised individual looking for a new challenge? Do you want to work for a local charity and help make a difference by raising income to help fund care for our patients and families? We are looking for a RASM to work at our new Balsall Common shop, assisting the manager to run the store and cover their days off and holidays.
No retail experience is required as we can train you; we just require the drive and determination to do a good job.
As RASM you will:
- Own the daily operations in the absence of the Shop Manager
- Achieve income targets by maximising sales and donations
- Provide the highest level of customer service to donors and customers
- Lead by example and support to be able to accept, sort, price, steam and display goods for sale to maximise income within agreed guidelines
- Effectively lead the shop volunteers, respectfully supporting their usual tasks and commitments to meet the shop’s KPI requirements
- Understand and lead by example to develop a positive team spirit and actively promote the work of the hospice
- Use social media to promote the shop.
If this sounds like the role for you, we’d love to receive your application.
For further information or an informal chat, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This post will be based at our Balsall Common shop; however, there may be times where work across both hospice sites and other shops is expected.
How to apply
You can download the Job Description/Person Specification, an application form and equal opportunities monitoring form by clicking on the links below. CV’s will be accepted. Please return completed forms/CV to email@example.com.
Birmingham Hospice supports vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
If high volumes of applications are received, we may bring the closing date forward.
Unfortunately we are not able to offer sponsorship for this role.
No recruitment agencies please.
Individuals joining the charity from the NHS or another hospice, the employee’s continuous previous service with any NHS employer is recognised in respect of pension provision and annual leave.
This is a fantastic opportunity with training opportunities available. We consider staff / team development as a priority.
Candidates can be put off applying for a job when they have caring responsibilities and may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. We are keen to hear from you, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution.