Birmingham Hospice is the leading provider of adult palliative care in the region. Our charity shops raise vital funds for Birmingham Hospice. The generosity of donors and shoppers plays a crucial role in supporting the community, helping us to provide care for local people living with a terminal diagnosis and for their families.
Birmingham Hospice is looking for a Relief Assistant Shop Manager (RASM) to join its Retail Team in our brand new Balsall Common shop.
As a RASM you will be assisting the shop manager to run the shop and covering their days off and holidays.
Are you a highly motivated and organised individual looking for a new challenge?
Do you want to work for a local charity and make a difference by raising income to help fund care for our patients and families?
No retail experience is required as we can train you; we just require the drive and determination to do a good job.
As RASM you will:
- Own the daily operations in the absence of the Shop Manager.
- Achieve income targets by maximising sales and donations.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to donors and customers.
- Lead by example and support to be able to accept, sort, price, steam and display goods for sale to maximise income within agreed guidelines.
- Effectively lead the shop volunteers, respectfully supporting their usual tasks and commitments to meet the shops KPI requirements.
- Understand and lead by example to develop a positive team spirit and actively promote the work of the hospice.
- Use social media to promote the shop.
If this sounds like the role for you then we’d love to receive your application.
For further information or an informal chat, please email email@example.com
Candidates should have a good standard of education, and be able to provide excellent customer service.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free tea, coffee and toast.
- We’re happy to talk about flexible working, including those with caring responsibilities – while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution.
- Birmingham Hospice is committed to colleague development as an ongoing professional requirement and consider this a priority.
- For individuals joining the charity from the NHS or another hospice, the employee’s continuous previous service with any NHS employer is recognised in respect of pension provision and annual leave.
- A supportive work environment, with a focus on your mental health and wellbeing.
- Free emotional, health and financial support.