Closing date: 10 November 2023
Interview date: 21 November 2023
Location: Erdington and Selly Park
Salary: Clinical Band 5, £28,407 to £34,581 per annum Pro rata for part-time.
Palliative Care Social Worker (Band 5)
Join our team
Closing date: 10 November 2023
Birmingham Hospice is the leading provider of adult palliative care in the region. We have a dedicated team of nurses and Palliative Care Social Workers who are here to support those we care for during their time with the hospice.
Our Palliative Care Social Workers specialise in working with people who are at the end of their life, their families, those they are close to, and their communities. They use their specific skills and knowledge to help people to deal with the impact of a palliative diagnosis, including emotional support, in order to have a good life and a good death.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the provision of a coordinated family support service across both hospice sites. You will support the senior social worker to ensure that the service provides high standards of support to patients, their families, carers, loved ones and communities. You will help to influence and enhance best practice in end-of-life care involving both internal and external professional providers and agencies. You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team (MDT) and be well-versed in safeguarding and deprivation of liberty standard, and have a thorough understanding of the Mental Capacity Act, and other relevant legislative frameworks.
The successful applicant will work within the social team to help to provide the assessments and applications for both social and Fast Track CHC packages of care. Working in close partnership with your team ensures high standards of care and support to patients and loved ones. You will be a sound communicator and will be authentic, open, honest and transparent, with a track record of working inclusively with a genuine appreciation of the value of diversity.
If this sounds like the role for you then we’d love to receive your application.
For further information or an informal chat, please email Social Team Lead email@example.com
This post holder will be based at both Erdington and Selly Park sites.
- You will possess a recognised social work qualification and have professional registration in England.
- You will have knowledge of relevant voluntary and statutory agencies and their perspectives relating to palliative care.
- You will have a thorough understanding of current legislation relevant to the role (e.g. NHS & CCA-MCA, Dols, Carers legislation, Care Act 2014 etc).
- You will have a full, clean, UK driving and have access to your own vehicle.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free tea, coffee and toast.
- We’re happy to talk about flexible working, including those with caring responsibilities – while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution.
- Birmingham Hospice is committed to colleague development as an ongoing professional requirement and consider this a priority.
- For individuals joining the charity from the NHS or another hospice, the employee’s continuous previous service with any NHS employer is recognised in respect of pension provision and annual leave.
- A supportive work environment, with a focus on your mental health and wellbeing.
- Free emotional, health and financial support.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do as we continue in our mission to enable more people from all communities to access the care of their choice at the end of life.