Closing date: 15 December 2023
Interview date: TBC
Location: Erdington and Selly Park
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: Fixed-term for up to 12 months
Salary: Corporate Band G, £25,875 – £30,180 per year (pro rata for part-time)
Events Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Join our team
Closing date: 15 December 2023
Are you ready to make a difference? Birmingham Hospice is on the lookout for a vibrant Events Assistant to join our dynamic Income Generation Team!
We’re not just any hospice – we’re the leading provider of adult palliative care in Birmingham. We firmly believe that everyone with a terminal diagnosis deserves to live life to the fullest.
Fundraising is at the heart of what we do. It’s how we ensure that local people and their families receive the care they deserve. As a vital member of our Events Team, you’ll be at the forefront of creating impactful moments and raising the profile of Birmingham Hospice. You’ll be supporting with exciting mass participation events, collaborating with third-party organisers and even diving into adrenaline-pumping challenges!
But that’s not all. You’ll also deliver a gold standard supporter journey, using your marketing and customer service skills to bring people together for a great cause. Working closely with our Senior Events Manager, you’ll help craft an annual events program that’s second to none. We’re talking about market research, creative recommendations, and a strategy that truly rocks!
Your secret weapons? Superb organisational skills and unshakeable motivation. Plus, your written and verbal communication skills are top-notch!
So, are you up for coming on an adventure with us? Join Birmingham Hospice, where you can make a difference. Apply now and together we’ll make every moment matter!
For further information about this role please email Rebecca Richards, Senior Events Manager via email@example.com.
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent standard, or can demonstrate a sound underpinning knowledge and theory relevant to the role.
- Experience working in a fundraising, marketing or events organising role.
- Knowledge of event fundraising, sector practices and initiatives.
- Able to demonstrate an ability of building influential relationships.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free tea, coffee and toast.
- We’re happy to talk about flexible working, including those with caring responsibilities – while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution.
- Birmingham Hospice is committed to colleague development as an ongoing professional requirement and consider this a priority.
- For individuals joining the charity from the NHS or another hospice, the employee’s continuous previous service with any NHS employer is recognised in respect of pension provision and annual leave.
- A supportive work environment, with a focus on your mental health and wellbeing.
- Free emotional, health and financial support.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do as we continue in our mission to enable more people from all communities to access the care of their choice at the end of life.