Birmingham Hospice is the leading provider of adult palliative care in the region. We care for people in their own homes, in the community, at our Living Well Centres and in our Inpatient Units. We have Living Well Centres at both our Selly Park and Erdington sites, which support our patients to live well with their illness. They provide the opportunity for our patients and their families/carers to explore aims, goals and wishes for the future.
As a staff nurse you will assist the Living Well Centre (LWC) management team to provide excellent care, advice and support to a range of patients with life limiting illnesses, and their loved ones/carers.
You will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate the care needs of our patients, both within our Living Well Centres and in the community settings, working alongside a multidisciplinary care team.
You will be required to provide cover for the Lead Nurse, managing the caseload in their absence, as well as support with managing/supervising staff and volunteers.
For an informal chat, please contact Julie Bennett on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates must be a UK Level 1 Adult Registered Nurse.
- You should have experience of working in a clinical/nursing setting in health or social care and/or working with patients with long term conditions or at the end of their life.
- You will be experienced in patient assessment, and the development of care plans and symptom control.
- You will have excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills, and will be committed to continuous professional development.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free tea, coffee and toast.
- We’re happy to talk about flexible working, including those with caring responsibilities – while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution.
- Birmingham Hospice is committed to colleague development as an ongoing professional requirement and considers this a priority.
- For individuals joining the charity from the NHS or another hospice, the employee’s continuous previous service with any NHS employer is recognised in respect of pension provision and annual leave.
- A supportive work environment, with a focus on your mental health and wellbeing.
- Free emotional, health and financial support.